kids, teenagers, adults
More About Me
I have lived and breathed Rugby since I was a toddler. I played competitively in Australia for over 10 years and have since coached for the past 4.
I have played almost every position on the field and have a sound understanding of the game. I have been coaching for the past 4 years, have SMART rugby coaching certification and am adept at coaching all facets of the game. Defense is my speciality, so if you want to learn to tackle effectively, I'll teach you the tricks of the trade. I am also well versed in other set plays like lineouts and scrums, as well as a merchant of the ruck/breakdown. I have a wealth of knowledge about managing your body and preparing your mind for the 'game played in heaven', and I love sharing this my infectious enthusiasm. As a player and coach I have a proven track record, but my individual mentorship, man-management and leadership coaching is probably my strongest asset. I can coach individuals, small groups or entire teams.
I will teach you to master the game of rugby, become the ultimate team player, and develop you into a strong leader, all while learning one of the greatest sports in the world!
As a player:
- I was vice captain of the gold medal winning Australian Maccabiah Rugby team in Israel in 2009
- Captain of the silver medal winning Australia team in Israel in 2013.
- Captained our local side in Sydney, Australia to a championship in 2009 and runner-up on two other occasions.
- Range of awards collected over the years including: 2x Player of the year; 2x Player's Player; 1x Clubman of the Year; 1x Leadership award; 1x Back of the Year; 1x Forward of the Year
Hugely customized based on assessment of player/group/team's current levels, their areas of improvement, and time of season.
The typical session could be any of the following (and more):
* Rugby specific off-season strength and conditioning training- prepare the body and mind
* Knowledge and theory sessions- learn the game
* Skill training- learn the art of the game (master basic catching and passing rugby-style)
* Speed training- years of sprint training to improve speed
* Game development- anything from ruck/breakdown work to defense to set plays etc. Also a master of the darker arts like rolling mauls and patterns of play
* Rugby is a Contact Sport- learn to make and take the hits
* Leadership development- mentorship and leadership skills and dev
* Personal development- rugby is often said to be an imitation of life. Improve yourself as a rugby player and become a better person. So true!
All skills and techniques taught are always then applied in simulated rugby scenarios.